TOURNAMENT RULES & REGULATIONS
1. AGE RULE: All players participating in the Tournament must be 35 years of age or older on February 10 th, 2018 (50 or 60 years of age or older in the 50+ or 60+ divisions). Proof of age must be submitted if requested by the Tournament Committee. All games played by a team using underaged players will be forfeited.
2. Teams must be ready to start on time or the game will be forfeited.
3. Helmets, full face masks and neck protectors are mandatory. The referees are instructed to ask any participant who does not have all of the above equipment to leave the game. Any participant who does not comply with the referee's request will be assessed a delay of game penalty. The offending participant may only return to the game if he subsequently fulfills the referee's request to leave the ice and dress properly.
4. Any team displaying unnecessary rough play will be warned once, and if this warning is ignored, they will be expelled from the Tournament.
5. The length of games will be 60 minutes - broken down as follows:
6. All players must have played at least two games in Three Game Round Robin before competing in Finals.
7. Teams with only one goaltender dressed must accept a replacement supplied by the Tournament Committee if illness or injury occurs.
8. The centre red line, for the purpose of the two-line offside pass, will be eliminated and will only be used for icing calls.
It is important that every player, Coach, Manager and Team Executive be familiar with the Rules of the Tournament.
1. NO BODY CONTACT: Any player who bodies intentionally, pushes, shoves or stands in front of and does not avert body contact with an opponent will be assessed a body contact minor penalty.
2. NO SLAP SHOTS: Play will be blown dead and the face-off will be in the offending team's end. The stick blade cannot be further than one foot from the puck before being struck.
3. NO FIGHTING: Should a fight develop, the offending player(s) will be assessed a game and Tournament misconduct and the team will play shorthanded for six minutes.
4. MATCH PENALTIES: Will be assessed for butt
ending, spearing, kicking, or attempt to injure.
5. Any player assessed SIX MINUTES of PENALTIES
in one game will be given a GAME MISCONDUCT.
6. LENGTH OF PENALTIES
MINOR. 2 minutes stop time
7. All other referees' decisions will be governed by C.A.H.A. rules.
8. METHOD TO BE USED IN DECLARING STANDINGS AND
1. Each group will play a point series: 2 for a win, 1 for a tie.
2. In the event of
two teams being tied in the standings within a Division, the tie shall
be broken in the following manner:
3. In the event of more than two teams
being tied in the standings within a Division, the
tie shall be broken in the following manner:
(B) Declaring Winners in finals if tied after regulation time:
Tournament Committee reserves the right to restrict the participation of
rule, interpretation, procedure or dispute not specifically covered above
will be reviewed and ruled upon by a quorum of the Tournament Committee whose
decision will be binding.
Contact the webmaster for questions and comments regarding the tournament or this web site. Last updated January 17, 2018